Is Your Company Ready For A Data Breach?
What are the numbers. 205 days median number of days threats were present in a victim's network before detection.
Data Breach Costs per Sector
The cost of a data breach can vary significantly by industry, due to differences in the types of data collected and various regulatory and compliance obligations.
A recent study showed that healthcare currently expects the largest cost, at an average of $359 per record.
Note these numbers contemplate both the insurable costs of dealing with a data breach, including notification, credit monitoring, lawsuits, and regulatory fines, as well as less-quantifiable costs such as reputational harm and loss of future revenue.
What Are The Numbers?
- Compromise detection victims notified by external entity 69%.
- 205 days median number of days threats were present in a victim’s network before detection.
- –$5.85M – Avg. cost per data breach
- $201 (USD) – Avg. cost per record
- $8.9M – Avg. annualized cost of U.S. cybercrime
- 102 – Avg. successful attacks on organizations per week
Causes of Compromise:
- 44% – malicious/criminal attacks – $246 avg. cost per record
- 31% – negligence/human factors – $160 avg. cost per record
- 25%– system glitches – $171 avg. cost per record
Risk Consulting Resources
Risk Management Techniques to Reduce your Chances of a Company Breach!
Leverage the breadth and depth of our education, experience and vision to deliver solutions to you.