A combined program written out of Lloyds that provides coverage for both medical billings errors and the cyber risks that health care providers face.
The top two cyber exposures faced by health care providers are:
- Theft/loss of data
- Insider misuse of data
When evaluating medical billing errors insurance, here are a few items you should consider within the insurance policy:
- Definition of billing error proceeding
- Regulatory proceeding language
- Fines and penalties covered
- Claim reporting and notice of circumstance language
- What, if any, government action(s) are covered?
- What privacy regulations are covered?
- What costs and expenses are covered (shadow audits)?
We can help you identify other exposures and ways to reduce your risk.